Hello, welcome to my website. My name is Lynda Papworth and for the past seventeen years I have run my own successful private Counselling and Life Balancing therapy business. I work with individuals to help promote a sense of wellbeing. I am a qualified Clinical Hypnotherapist; an experienced and qualified lecturer and teacher of adult courses in Personal Development and Counselling. I am also a qualified Life Coach. For several years I studied at The Berne Institute , Advanced Clinical Training at a Masters Degree level (MSc) in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy.
At my stage of life many people decide to retire from their work. I have chosen to continue seeing people and share with them the knowledge and experience I have gained over the last fifty years. It is also time for me to make changes to my work/life balance and I have decided to work shorter, more flexible working hours.
I can now offer you the following options ;
- Seven one-to-one counselling sessions titled, “Understanding Yourself and Others” These sessions are suitable for people who have no previous experience of personal therapy or personal development work.
- Seven one-to-one Life Balancing sessions suitable for people who have previously experienced some personal therapy or personal development work. Completing, “Understanding Yourself and Others”, will prepare you for these sessions, should you wish to continue.
- “As-And-When”, sessions which means you can book a single,” spot counselling,” one hour, or one and a half hour, session, to discuss and clarify a specific issue that has been bothering you.
You may find a combination of some, or all, of the above options interests you; and you can take time to develop your own support programme, discovering what works best for you.
Contact me to begin your journey
Areas I specialise in are:
- Helping people to understand and manage Stress and Anxiety
- Developing Confidence and Assertiveness
- Relationship guidance
- Coping with Bereavement
- How to deal with feeling overwhelmed
- Personal Power and How to make Life Changes
- Transforming Overthinking
I passionately believe each of us has the capacity and ability to make positive changes to our lives.
You can explore and enhance your own self-esteem. You can learn to understand your feelings and how to use them positively. You can develop skills that can help you to resolve and solve challenging situations. You can create positive outcomes that are in your own best interest.
Making small changes can also help you to overcome outdated cycles of behaviour that no longer serve you, and may have prevented you from experiencing self confidence and your natural enjoyment of life. These changes can make a big difference to your state of wellbeing.
How I can help you
I left UK in 1972, just married, setting off to travel to Africa with my new husband. We went to live in South Africa and later Australia, for a total of 22 years; and in 1994, together with our young family, we returned to live in UK again.
For nearly fifty years I have been successfully gathering together a toolkit for lasting change. This toolkit also includes strategies, techniques, wisdom , and so much knowledge that I have gained from the support and encouragement received from inspiring mentors, teachers, therapists and supervisors and many people that I have met on this journey. I still regularly use this toolkit today.
Since 2004 at my private Counselling and Life Balancing practice, I have been privileged to help people make changes to their lives.
I continue to add to my knowledge and personal development by attending regular workshops.
Personal Development is an ongoing journey and at certain times of our lives, we can benefit from speaking with a person who is not a family member or friend.
Throughout my Advanced Psychotherapy Training I contractually agreed to attend, and pay for, my own personal therapy sessions. My years of personal psychotherapy enabled me to understand myself, and other people, in greater depth. This awareness has, over time, enabled me to develop my own powerful style of therapy. I am an intuitive, knowledgeable, experienced therapist; and I really enjoy sharing my knowledge with people who are ready to change. One step at a time.
Clinical Hypnosis is a relaxing therapeutic technique which involves the client being in a state of deep relaxation. It does not mean you will necessarily be in a deep sleep, many people report hearing my voice during a session, and also experiencing a state of pleasant enhanced awareness. Some people do enter a deeper trance state. Hypnosis is not a state the hypnotherapist puts you into, rather it is an altered state, that you choose to enter. Hypnosis promotes positive personal development and relaxation, by helping to quieten the conscious mind.
Counselling and Coaching:
For many years I taught Personal Development and Counselling Skills at Further Education Colleges; and I was a Business and Life Coach for organisations in Warwickshire. Counselling and Coaching offers non-judgemental support; empathic listening; encouragement and at times, information, that will enable the client to accomplish the realistic outcome they need and want to achieve.
Through the process of Psychotherapy people can learn to clarify and understand their thinking, feelings and behaviours. They can become aware of certain unhelpful thoughts, feelings and behaviors. With this enhanced awareness, they can, if they are willing, begin to update any old attitudes and beliefs and replace them with more helpful options.
The benefits of a positive therapeutic relationship include:
- Creating a space that provides you with support and encouragement as you learn new skills.
- Time for you to bring new, “tools for change”, to your awareness; so that you can return to your natural state of balance and inner peace.
- Providing you with a confidential, peaceful environment, where you can be seen and heard by another person.
I really enjoy my work. It is rewarding to enable people to enable themselves to step into their own personal power. It is encouraging to be part of a process that can result in people enjoying their lives and experiencing personal freedom, sometimes for the first time.
My Qualification and Training:
- Postgraduate Foundation Certificate in T.A. Psychotherapy
- Advanced Clinical Training in T.A. (Degree Level)
- Counselling Skills Certificate
- Diploma In Hypnotherapy
- Diploma In Life Coaching
- City And Guilds Teaching Certificate (Adult Learners)
- E.F.T. Practitioner Certificate
- Certificate In Psychology of Depression and Therapeutic Modalities
- Reiki Certificate First Degree
- Contact to discuss making an appointment to come and see me.